Sunday, November 20, 2005

Tuesday - Final Day! Monument Gardens, Bahji


Although there was no scheduled programme on this final day, I was up early to pack and check out of the hotel before taking one last visit to Bahji. I took a quick peek into the Monument Gardens, then a group of us took a Sherut to Bahji. A last visit like this is bitter-sweet. Enjoying the time and surroundings, while knowing I won't come back for a number of years. We spent several hours here before heading back to Haifa where I went to the Shrine of the Bab one last time for prayers. Then I met up one final time with Zac who (again!) brought me dinner and some gifts (for myself and for others back home). While the rest of the Pilgrims were preparing for the evening Pilgrim Farewell program, a small group of us with early flights called a sherut to the airport and said our goodbyes.

I was lucky enough to be chosen at the airport for a fine-tooth comb inspection but had left plenty of time to catch my flight. Unfortuantely, in a foreign country they apparantly don't care that you've selected a seat on the plane prior to arrival. I received a lovely middle seat near the rear of the aircraft. Well, I made it to NYC without incident where I discovered a nasty cold had taken hold of my body. I slept for 2 days, came home to Colorado on Friday and slept another 2!

No comments: